This is a 15-minute recipe that’s great for students, busy bees returning late from work, and especially for those of you who need to whip up an emergency meal last minute.
What you’ll need:
12-15 Chestnut Mushrooms
70g of Curly Kale (washed please!)
150-200g Whole Wheat Fusilli Pasta
1 large clove of Garlic
Cheese of your choice (Mature Cheddar works great here)
What to do:
– Boil the pasta in a large saucepan filled with boiling water for 12 minutes (see packet for exact timings).
– Prep your mushrooms and kale by washing and spinning the kale and slicing the mushrooms.
– Peel the clove of garlic before slicing finely. Place the sliced garlic in a large frying pan with one tablespoon of olive oil.
– Add the sliced mushrooms and fry on a medium head for approximately 5 minutes (until they start developing areas which are a lovely golden colour).
– When the mushrooms look like they’re ready add the kale to the saucepan. Don’t allow it to get all soggy (we’re not aiming for spinach here), only keep on the heat for maximum of a minute so that the kale retains the crunch we all love it for. (And yes, the mushrooms should still be in the saucepan at this stage).
– Take the pan off the heat and drain the pasta if it is ready.
– Stir the pasta into the pan of kale/mushrooms, adding a tiny amount of olive oil if you feel it is a little dry.
– Coat generously in mixed dry herbs, some grated cheese, a tiny pinch of salt, and you’re good to go!
This lasts in the fridge for up to 2 days, and is brilliant as a packed lunch if you have some left over. Enjoy!