This is a very simple, super easy recipe with just a few core ingredients. You can use this saucy mushroom recipe as a topping on a slice of warm toasted rye bread for an exciting breakfast, as a quick and creamy sauce to stir into a bowl of wholemeal pasta, or as I did on this occasion, you can even use it to liven up a quorn escalope!
What you’ll need:
– 5 or 6 Chestnut Mushrooms
– 50ml Double Cream
– 1 Clove of Garlic
– Mixed Herbs
– 1 Tablespoon of Butter
What to do:
1. Finely slice the mushrooms, garlic and handful of chives.
2. Heat a tablespoon of butter in a small frying pan, add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds before adding the mushrooms.
3. Cook the mushrooms on a mid – high heat for 3-5 minutes until brown.
4. Turn the heat low and add about 50ml of cream (depending on how saucy you want it). Allow the cream to thicken on a low heat for a couple of minutes.
5. When the cream is slightly thicker, take off the heat and throw in the chives, a pinch of salt, pepper, mixed herbs and dry chilli flakes.
6. Enjoy as a topping on the dish of your choice!
This recipe is enough for one small bowl of pasta or as a topping for two pieces of toasted rye bread, for larger dishes simply double or triple the ingredients 🙂 I hope you enjoy this one!