Today I purchased my first ever cauliflower. It’s one of those vegetables I’ve overlooked most of my life, but the concept of cauliflower rice has been floating about for some time now, so I decided to see what all the fuss is about.
What you’ll need:
1/2 head of broccoli
5-7 chestnut mushrooms
1 clove garlic
A handful of fresh coriander
tandoori powder (or any curry powder)
dark soy sauce
What to do:
1. Wash and roughly cut your cauliflower and broccoli (removing the hard stalks). Stick in a food processor for a few seconds until it’s the consistency of rice (don’t leave it for too long or it’ll turn to powder!)
2. Finely chop the mushrooms and clove of garlic.
3. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan. Add in the garlic and mushrooms and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
4. Then add in the cauliflower and broccoli. Cook on a medium heat for a further 7-10 minutes.
5. Throw in a dash of salt, curry powder and soy sauce.
6. Top with some fresh coriander leaves and enjoy alongside your favourite curry!
This dish is a great substitute for couscous or rice, and tastes great with my creamy paneer curry or would also make a lovely bed for stuffed mushrooms. Swapping it for any meal with rice is a great way of sneaking in a few more of your five-a-day. Enjoy!