This is my fool-proof recipe for perfect garlic bread. I often make it alongside my pesto pasta and it works great with pretty much any pasta dish. It’s super quick, delicious and definitely healthier than the frozen off-the-shelf stuff.
What you’ll need:
5-6 slices of your favourite, good quality bread. I went for tiger bread this time.
2 tablespoons butter
4 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of mixed herbs
1 pinch of dried chilli flakes
salt & pepper (to taste)
What to do:
1. Pre heat your grill to about 180C.
2. Slice your bread and lay it out on some tin foil.
3. Finely slice 2 cloves of garlic into tiny pieces and dot them over each slice of fresh bread (about 4/5 tiny pieces of garlic on each slice).
4. Place the bread under the grill for 5-6 minutes, until the edges crisp up.
5. Whilst waiting for the bread to toast, melt 2 dollops of butter (or your favourite spread) in the microwave for 10 seconds.
6. Slice up the remaining garlic (2 cloves) and add them to the melted butter along with a generous amount of dried mixed herbs. Stir in well.
7. When the bread is golden and crispy, carefully remove from the grill and drizzle your herby butter over each piece (use a spoon, save yourself the mess).
8. Top each piece with a light sprinkle of salt, cracked pepper and chilli flakes.
Looking for something delicious to go alongside this dish? Have a look at my stuffed aubergine recipe, which tastes delicious when served with my warm garlic bread.