Looking for a simple and delicious guacamole recipe? Try this.
What you’ll need:
– 4 large ripe avocados
– 1 small red onion
– 1 large ripe tomato
– handful of coriander leaves
– 1 small lime
What to do:
- Start by slicing your avocados in half and scooping out the flesh.
- Finely chop your onion and tomato.
- If you want to have a super creamy consistency, take half of the avocado flesh, half the onions and half the tomato and stick them in a blender for a few seconds until creamy.
- Remove the mixture into a bowl, and throw in the rest of the chopped avocado, onion and tomato to add a little crunch. This is my preferred method, as the texture brings out the creaminess of the avocados really well. Sparing half the ingredients from the blender (and adding them in later) makes for a really delicious burst of flavour with every mouthful.
- If you prefer a more chunky and authentic texture, leave out step 3 & 4 – just take all of the avocados, tomato and onion and mash together with the back of a folk until you’re happy with the consistency.
- Slice your lime into quarters and squeeze one slice over the mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste, along with a sprinkle of the coriander leaves.
This tastes amazing with my vegetarian burrito recipe, or is equally delicious served alongside some warm and crispy tortilla chips. Enjoy!