If you want a really quick and tasty meal that’s healthy too, try this. You can always switch up which vegetables you roast, but my trio of tenderstem broccoli, sweetcorn and sprouts wins every time. And if you’re not fond of sprouts then definitely try this out – roasting them completely changes the flavour.
What you’ll need:
– 300g brussel sprouts
– 100g tenderstem broccoli tips
– 150g sweetcorn
– 1 cup of quinoa
– 1 vegetable stock cube (optional)
– Paprika powder
– Dried mixed herbs
– Olive oil
What to do:
- Start by placing 1 cup of quinoa in a sieve and thoroughly rinsing with cold water.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pan and add the quinoa. If you want lots of flavour, add a vegetable stock cube to the pan too. Check the packet instructions, but I usually simmer for 20-30 minutes on a low-medium heat, stirring every 5 minutes. If it looks dry, add a small amount of water as you go.
- Wash and prep your veg – slice the sprouts into halves then drain and rinse the corn.
- Throw the sprouts and corn into a roasting tin with a few tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of paprika and some salt. Stir the vegetables until they’re all evenly coated.
- Heat your oven to 180C and place your roasting tin on the top shelf.
- Allow your vegetables to roast for 10 minutes, then add in the broccoli. Allow to roast for another 15 minutes, stirring every 10.
- When the quinoa is fluffy and the vegetables are roasted, top with a little more paprika and serve warm.
This is one of my favourite recipes to throw together when I want something quick and healthy without much fuss! The paprika really brings out the sweetness of the corn and the texture of the sprouts, while the quinoa gives you a healthy boost of protein.
Let me know what other vegetable variations you’d try with this one 🙂